Our Videos

FAQ / Do I need a license to export?

Only a limited number of products or destinations require an exporter to get a written or validated license from the Bureau of Industry and Security, an agency of the U.S. Federal Government. This agency used to be known as the Bureau of Export Administration (BXA), but the name change was felt to more accurately reflect its role. Most goods can be exported by simply entering "NLR" (no license required) on the Shipper's Export Declaration. A validated license is necessary when exporting high technology, software with encryption capabilities, defense-related, or dual-use (both military and civilian) products or when exporting to countries under a US trade embargo or other trade restrictions (e.g., Cuba or North Korea). The regulations may require one type of license to ship a product to Country A, but a different license to ship the same product to Country B. More information on export licenses is available from the Bureau of Industry and Security *. The State of Wisconsin does not require a special permit or license to establish an import/export business. General information on starting a business in Wisconsin is available from the Department of Commerce's Division of Business Development.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9



A&M Logos International, Inc.
14 Wall Street, Suite 5E,
New York, NY 10005
Tel: 212-233-7061
Fax: 212-233-7167



Sandy Hook massacre victims’ death certificates released
Read More »

Three Greek men charged with swindling $6.64 million with fake invoices
Read More »

Swiss-based insurance provider to open representative office in Myanmar
Read More »